In the light of the directions of the Hon’ble High Court and UGC Regulations, Harlal School of Law has been established a Women Cell in order to protect the Women staff and the students associated with the college for any sorts of injustice or sexual harassment of any nature directly or indirectly.
In the context of Vishakha versus State of Rajasthan,1997 SC any act of the following constitutes sexual harassment:
- a. Direct physical contact and advances.
- b. A demand or request for sexual favours.
- c. Sexually coloured remarks.
- d. Showing pornographic material.
- e. Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non verbal conduct of sexual nature.
- f. Unwelcome, filthy and pornographic gestures through eyes or body language.
- g. Forcing one against ones’ wish for some unwanted act.
Beside the protection from the sexual harassment Women Cell has been also emphasize on the women empowerment which aim towards enhancing the self confidence, spirit and morale of the female students, teachers and employees of the campus.
As such, during the orientation programme the students are given information regarding the function of women cell. The women teachers as well as the staff members are advised to put their problems in writing in the suggestion/complaint box or to discuss directly with the members of the women cell. In case any such problem is reported the members of the cell try to solve the problem through their personal interaction with the complainants and if the matter seems to be out of control, it is to be reported to the principal of the institution.
Till the present no single incident has been took place due to the healthy environment in respect to girls/women in the college.
The Women Cell of the HSL is generally constituted by selecting three women faculties for each Academic Session. The selection of the members of the women cell shall lies in the hand of Principal in consultation of the management.
The name of the members in the charge of the cell for the academic session 2016-2017
- Dr. Shalu Tyagi Chairperson
- Ms. Kavita Chaudhary Member
- Ms. Vinayaka Raina Member Member
Women Cell functions with the following purposes;
- • to make them aware of their rights,
- • to help them in knowing the importance of good health and nutrition and facilities available for them,
- •to help them in developing decision making abilities and be self dependent,
- • to help them in raising their voice against all kinds of discrimination,
- •to help them in changing their mind setup
- • to assist them in overall development of their personality, and
- • to help them (community women) in knowing about reproductive health care and child care.
Powers of the Women Cell
The Women Cell is empowered to punish the guilty person(s) in due consultation with the Principal of the Institution.
The nature of the punishment is as follows;
- – Information to the parents.
- – Verbal/Written warning.
- -Financial punishment
- -Information to police for legal inquiry and action (if situation arises so)
- -Expelling from college